I conducted interviews in the rural English town of Alston to understand how a pilot broadband internet program had changed the community’s social landscape.
Details of Work
- Established contact with key informant at the broadband provider office in Alston, Cybermoor
- Developed semi-structured interview protocol
- Traveled to Alston, living in the local youth hostel, and interviewed residents, April 14-21, 2009
- Transcribed and coded all interviews
- Wrote and submitted thesis
- Graeff, E. 2008. Rural Internet Use and the Strengthening of Weak Ties. MPhil thesis, University of Cambridge.