Research Assistant at the MIT Center for Civic Media in partnership with the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard, studying how a major media controversy changes over time and through the involvement of different actors in its media ecosystem, December 2009 – March 2012.
Details of Work
- Lead authored a case study of Trayvon Martin controversy from spring 2012
- Advanced controversy mapper network research methodology using HITS algorithm to score the authority of media sources
- Normalized and visualized multiple, disparate sources of media content along a time series to chart ebb and flow of story
- Presented findings in multiple venues
- Prepared slides for presentation of findings by PI on multiple occasions